Announcing the 2009 Excellence in Demonstrating Groundbreaking Entrepreneurship (EDGE) Award!
Entry open to independents authors of books and ebooks worldwide who publish for the North American market with a 2008 copyright (or that were released in 2008).
Announcing the EDGE Awards sponsored by Professional Advancement Seminars and Services (PASS) Publishing Company recognize and promote independently published books and ebooks that change people’s lives and promote the professional. EDGE – Excellence in Demonstrating Ground-breaking Entrepreneurship. The EDGE Awards were conceived to recognize and reward extraordinary books by independent publishers.
The EDGE Awards are focused solely on independently published business books and ebooks. Winner, Finalists, and Honorable Mentions appear for an entire year at www.publishpass.com. Winners will also be featured and highlighted prominently in our monthly newsletter. Awards are a great tool for all those involved. Awards influence reviewers, buyers, decision makers and future clients. The gold seal prominently placed on the book cover often captures the buyer’s attention and leads to higher sales. Enter now at:
· Any non-fiction book that promotes an industry accepted scope of practice in a professional area of expertise will be accepted.
· A submission should set forth a theory that has justifiable merit and factual basis.
· The book can cover any professional topic but must give a solution or benefit for issues of that professional practice.
· The entry must meet the standards of the professional practice from which it is related.
· Each entry must list the profession to which it is related.
Awards: Winning titles will be exhibited in a 2009 Publish PASS EDGE Book Awards Showcase web page. An overall Grand Prize winner, an honorable mention will be awarded. 5 finalists will be named, for each profession submitted a special award will be given to the top book and the top ebook.
Each entry will be judged on and receives an individual evaluation with the judges’ commentary based on the following criteria:
· Appropriateness of subject matter.
· Depth of research
· Is the entry “well-sourced”? Are sources credible and accurate?
· Impact of entry on the problem or issue covered
· How well the book has achieved its goal
· What possibilities are suggested by the book
· What the book has left out
· What specific points are not convincing
· Eye catching cover
· Market appeal
· Client generation ability